Thursday, June 11, 2009

to the faithful......

As I now seem to have four (or is it three) followers, I suppose I must do my duty by them - but first, an explanation (or excuse) for my absence.

I have been transfixed by the slo-mo gory unfolding of British politics. Having in my time played a bit-part in this long running soap opera, I have not been at all suprprised by the expenses, the briefings, the backstabbings, etc. Been there and done that (and had it done to me), albeit at a local, not a national, level. But what has astonished me has been the utter incompetence of the various plotters involved in the Labour Party. Getting rid of a man at the top is hard work, particuallry when s/he holds so many of the necessary strings. In my day we spent weeks in advance canvassing, blackmailing, making promises etc. and staged the moment when we could bring it all into play. These tossers seem to have thought that all they had to do was come out in a tizzy, strike a pose and tell a sob-story to the press, and that everything would then simply fall into place. They just don't have a clue - once again King Log triumphs over King Stork.

No comments:

Post a Comment